This is his version using even less:
- a glass amber vase (a found object but also sold at Dollar Stores)
- Christmas LED lights (white and blue)
- another found object which was originally a toy sheep and was painted to look like a cow
- a recycled speaker component to materialize an extraterrestrial spaceship windows and all
- and creative electrical tinkering skills
It translates to: "with the fingernails".
It refers to doing or making something without supplies or almost no money at all.
There are different suggestions on its metaphorical meaning but this is my interpretation: for example, a task requires tools like wrenches and screwdrivers, and if you don't have tools then you use other objects like forks or sticks, but if you don't have that either then you use the nails.
Uñas/Limits can enhance ingenuity. I make the comparison because what can be less expensive and more out-of-this-world than a collection of repurposed objects to recreate a 5 dollar craft that recreates the original $110 design. Here it is in all its splendor: